Inhalt des Dokuments
- Course Components
- Integrated Lecture and Tutorial
- How to get credit points?
- Course Material
- Recommended literature
- 6 SWS Lecture and Tutorial (0330 L 527 and 0330 L 528)
- 6 ECTS
Please Note: The course "Energy Economics" is only offered in the winter term.
lecture, held in English, is the equivalent to the former German
This lecture will give students a fundamental understanding of the functioning, design and analysis of international energy markets. Taking into account the international background of PEESE students, the lecture will focus less on national legislatives but on international developments in the energy sector.
Integrated Lecture and Tutorial
The course is taught as an integrated lecture and tutorial (Integrierte Veranstaltung, IV). It provides the theoretical backround on, amongst other topics:
- Energy balance
- Economic assessments
- Resources and sustainability
- Markets for CO2 emission allowances
- Markets for liquid energy sources
- Markets of gaseous energy sources
- Markets for solid energy sources
- Electricity Markets
- Markets for Energy Efficiency
The dates and rooms of current lecture period can be obtained here .
Basic knowledge of economics is required. Interest in energy economics and energy policies is beneficial for the course.
How to get credit points?
There will be a 90-minutes written test at the end of the winter term.
Note: There is no resit exam. The next exam possibility will be in the following winter term.
The exam date of the current lecture period is announced here .
You can download the lecture slides once you have registered for the ISIS  course. You receive the pasword in the first lecture.
You can also buy a book about the course material during consultation hour.
- Zweifel, P.; Praktiknjo, A.; Erdmann, G. (2017) Energy Economics - Theory and Applications , Berlin / Heidelberg: Springer Verlag
- Stein, G.; Wagner, H-F. (1999) Das IKARUS-Projekt: Klimaschutz für Deutschland, 1. Auflage, Berlin / Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag
- Hensing, I.; Pfaffenberger, W.; Ströbele, W. (1998) Energiewirtschaft.Einführung in Theorie und Politik, München: Oldenbourg
- Schiffer, H.W. (2005) Energiemarkt Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 9. völligneu bearbeitete Auflage. Köln: TüV Rheinland